Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Accomplishments List

I won't say all these items are blindingly original, but I will say they are all me -- as in, I have some interest in doing them. That seems paramount for a bucket list -- or at least any bucket list I want to be involved in.


  1. grow my own garden
  2. publish a novel
  3. own my own home
  4. get completely out of debt
  5. drive across America
  6. drive the Pan-American Highway
  7. complete a 5k
  8. complete a 10k
  9. complete a triathlon
  10. find a career I genuinely like
  11. graduate college
  12. live abroad
  13. read the Bible all the way through
  14. get into grad school
  15. learn a foreign language (well enough to read a newspaper/hold a conversation)
  16. learn to scuba dive
  17. go to space
  18. learn to dance
  19. sit on a jury
  20. find a sport I actually like
  21. learn to swim
  22. learn to sail
  23. get a tattoo
  24. attempt to surf
  25. fly an airplane
  26. baptize someone
  27. eat at a Michelin-starred restaurant
  28. kiss the Blarney Stone
  29. receive an honorary degree
  30. learn to draw
  31. make a friend from each continent
  32. make out with a cowboy
  33. visit every LA/OC theme park (non-water park edition) with my little brother, Daniel (Universal Studios, Pacific Park on the Santa Monica Pier, Magic Mountain, Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, Knott's Berry Farm)
  34. learn to code
Current count: 9 down, 25 to go

I tried to make this a mix of totally attainable (learn to dance), pie in the sky (go to space) and already accomplished (learn to swim -- an important skill I already have!). I figure that way I can actually accomplish some of my items, while still leaving room to dream. Also, I get to start checking stuff off already, because hey! I've done stuff! Important to remember. 

--SA

Highlighted items have been added since the last time I added something.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...